Julianstown and District Community Association has made a detailed submission to Meath County Council calling for effective measures to tackle environmental degradation in Julianstown and calling on the local authority to adopt policies and objectives which will improve Julianstown as a community and village in particular the local community group wants the county development plan to include:
- A policy that obliges the local authority to ensure that the measures recommended in the Julianstown Village Design statement will be taken into account in relation to all activities within the control of or regulated by the local authority.
- A specific objective to plan and deliver a bypass of Julianstown
- A specific objective consistent with the Julianstown Village Design Statement, to restore the site of the Old Mill for amenity use in the village.
- A specific objective to provide maintenance services for the public areas of Julianstown such as the village garden and the footpaths and roadway verges.
- The inclusion in the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of a detailed assessment of the environmental effects of the plan (and subordinate plans) on the environment in Julianstown arising from traffic in the East Meath region. This SEA should also include regular monitoring during the plan implementation.
The next step will be a vote by Councillors instructing the CEO of Meath County Council to include certain measures in the draft plan. We understand that JDCA will be lobbying councillors in advance of this vote to have the above included.
Download here or read belowJDCA pre-draft submission 2017